Our client, a high end IT Network Services firm is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team on a 3-6 month, contract basis in San Francisco, CA. This is an opportunity to work under their company at several client locations and boost your technical acumen quickly! Ideal candidates will have at least eight years’ experience within a technical environment providing systems infrastructure engineering to enterprise organizations.
- Work with remote monitoring and management system to identify, prioritize, resolve problems, and enhance our client’s service offerings.
- Support systems infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, and optimize systems
- Provide Tier 3 remote and on-site infrastructure support
- Leverage our client’s professional services automation (PSA) solution to manage support tickets, collaborate with internal staff, and communicate with their clients.
- Respond to escalated support requests and provide expert advice and troubleshooting.
- Perform systems administration duties
- Provide after-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Eight plus years of hands on experience within a technical environment providing systems infrastructure engineering to enterprise organizations.
- Incident & problem management experience
- Ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Desktop Applications (MS Office Suite, Visio, Project, Adobe, etc)
- Strong Engineering and Administration experience with:
- VMware vSphere, vMotion, HA, DRS, ESX/ESXi and Virtual Center in large environments, and other vSphere features.
- Windows Servers and Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy with a particular focus on enterprise level features.
- Server Platforms and Blade Management (any of Cisco UCS, Dell, HP, and/or IBM)
- Storage Area Network technology (Nimble, Dell EqualLogic / Compellent, NetApp, EMC VNX, iSCSI and/or Fibre Channel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Business Administration, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in producing technical architecture plans
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills to technical and business audiences.
- Have reliable transportation to travel throughout the SF Bay Area to client sites.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.