Our client is looking for a Service Desk Technician to help with day-to-day IT operations at their San Francisco as well as onsite at a client location in San Mateo. This individual will be providing a broad range of support services, handling questions ranging from the standard “How do I format this paragraph?” to “The website is down!” This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective time management, and unbeatable customer service with exceptional communication skills.
- Provide remote and on-site desktop, server, and network support.
- Work with our remote monitoring and management (RMM) system to identify, prioritize, & resolve problems.
- Leverage our professional services automation (PSA) solution to manage support tickets, collaborate with internal staff, and communicate with clients.
- Respond to incoming support requests and provide first call resolution / escalation while
- Document and communicate incidents, outages, ticket status, and resolutions internally and externally, and escalate tickets appropriately.
- Identify critical issues, prioritize and respond to tickets to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Provide proactive monitoring and maintenance on client networks, including but not limited to routine daily/weekly/monthly tasks, ensuring backups complete successfully, and antivirus definitions are up to date.
- Perform security administration functions for user access, data access, and remote access.
- Train and remain current with technology used in client environments.
- Deliver high levels of client satisfaction.
- Create high quality technical documents quickly and accurately.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis.
- 1+ years of hands on experience within a technical Service Desk environment providing onsite or remote support and customer service.
- Incident & problem management experience and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT work.
- Strong fundamental troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply those skills to assist troubleshooting of a wide range of information systems and applications.
- Demonstrable working experience with Windows and Apple Operating Systems, VMware, and Cisco networking.
- Experience and understanding of remote access and connectivity, such as RADIUS and VPN.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite and supporting Outlook and Word applications.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Phone and peripheral hardware support – iPhone and Android.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Business Administration, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Firm desire to consistently work as a vital part of the team (no hot shots here!) with a primary focus on client service.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, occasionally under duress.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure either independently or as a member of a team.
- Interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required to work with both technical and business audiences.
- Assertive, highly motivated with a sense of urgency, providing a ‘Whatever it takes’ attitude to get the job done.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, the type of person that instinctively knows the right thing to do next.
- Proven aptitude to organize work in an efficient manner and succeed in a changing environment.
- Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detail orientated, dependable and flexible
- Background Check required
- Ability to travel throughout the SF Bay Area to client sites.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.