Our client, an Engineering Group in downtown Oakland, CA is looking for an individual with Administrative and Accounting experience to join their team on a 3-6 month contract basis. This individual will be supporting all functions relating to our client’s accounting needs. Successful candidates will have experience working with QuickBooks, Excel and SharePoint. Hard working individuals with the ability to work in a fast paced environment will be ideal for this opportunity.
- General Ledger: creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures.
- Supporting Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable activities.
- Gathering timesheet data for Payroll processing.
- This position involves preparing and recording journal entries, reconciling and analyzing payroll affiliated balance sheets and income statements and evaluating payroll data.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. salary, supplements, FMLA, etc.) to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the accounting department.
- General Administrative duties as needed: Receptionist, light typing, filing, processing the mail (incoming and outgoing), and supporting with other general administration duties.
- A minimum of Three years experience using QuickBooks in a professional environment
- With 5 years of General Admin experience
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Ability to maintain an optimistic, professional and credible attitude
- Ability to efficiently solve problems by utilizing quality communication skills
- Strong organized skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.