Our client, and organization located in the Oakland city center area is in search of a Senior Web Applications Developer to join their team. Under the general direction of the Director, Database Architecture and Administration, the incumbent will lead or assist with ongoing development and maintenance of existing web applications, development and integration of new web applications, quality assurance and related administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work with stakeholders to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the business requirements and transforming to system design elements.
- Design and architect middle-tier framework and user interface.
- Design and create web 2.0 user interfaces and perform usability analysis.
- Lead development of database-driven internet and intranet applications including some database development (SQL).
- Lead maintenance and administration of existing web applications, front to backend.
- Conduct quality assurance and testing across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Author technical documentation for web application systems.
- Help establish and manage source control and workflow.
- Manage and oversee external IT contractor and vendor relations.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be knowledgeable and capable in the following areas:
- Proven technical leadership skills and experience leading a team using SDLC tools (Jira).
- Demonstrated ability to work with the business and product teams, create technical designs, and work with developers to deliver the designed solutions on time and under budget.
- Extensive experience in leading the entire application development life cycle including support.
- Extensive experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology including:
- J2EE design patterns (Command, Factory, Model View Controller, Business Delegate, Session Facade, DAO) and using J2EE application server for development.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based architecture, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
- Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in development with Use Cases, or User Stories.
- Experience with UML Design, Eclipse, JSF languages and tools.
- Knowledge of Prime Faces, ADF, Spring batch frameworks preferred.
- Experience with databases including: RDBMS (Oracle or MS SQL), Oracle PL/SQL, preferred.
OTHER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess excellent communication, written, oral, interpersonal and teamwork skills, communicate constructively and confidently, listen openly, and collaborate well with staff and others in different groups.
- Convey a professional and positive attitude with action/results orientation to problem solving.
- Proven ability and experience in exercising good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Display flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment and ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Show facility in multi-tasking to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining vigilant attention to detail and focus on producing accurate and complete information.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers, staff, and management and outside business contacts.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to utilize complex nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) to effectively illustrate information for a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSF, JDBC, JMX, JMS, Log4J languages and tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience developing database-driven web applications (sites), from concept to production.
- Extensive and excellent computer skills and experience using robust systems such as Oracle and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to work and sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, bend and reach on a daily basis.
The work environment is that of a typical office setting and can be very fast-paced at times, particularly when meeting deadlines. The office is located in downtown Oakland, CA within walking distance of public transportation and the retail center of the city.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.