Our client, and organization located in the Oakland city center area is in search of an Assistant Director, IT Development. This person will be responsible for leading the ongoing initiatives around building the business application roadmap and overseeing timely and high quality delivery of engineering projects. These projects include but are not limited to enhancements and development of new corporate software modules as well as support of existing systems. The successful candidate will be well versed Oracle EBS and in the management of development and support projects for Oracle database, Java, E-Business Suite applications and different Oracle development tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with key stakeholders to identify business requirements and develop a roadmap for new corporate systems.
- Oversee timely and high quality deliverables from a team of developers and project managers.
- Identify and plan resource allocations for complex development projects.
- Work with software vendor support and development teams for business application issues.
- Ensure quality for all production software modules and applications.
- Ownership of ongoing initiatives and projects including:
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) project planning for analysis, design, test and delivery of modules needed by CORPORATE business stakeholders (Labor Relations, Human Resources, Payroll and Finance)
- Ongoing interface at the functional and executive leadership levels throughout the development process to clarify and manage expectations for functionality and delivery.
- Ad-hoc resource planning and allocation of the development team to meet quality and delivery standards
- Oversight for overall alignment and final specifications approval for project business requirements and design
- Oversight for all aspects of development for Oracle RAC and Exadata environments including: Oracle EBS and in house custom systems, Oracle Payroll and Financials applications, Oracle RDBMS, Forms/Reports, PL/SQL, BIP and other open-source tools, as well as for Java and other Web technologies.
- Expertise in design of secured applications using sensitive personnel data and information.
- Expertise with Linux and UNIX operating environments.
- Deep understanding and vigorous enforcement of development coding standards, policies and procedures.
The position directly supervises the Manager, Development and oversees two employees in a department of 14 staff members supplemented by multiple consultant or contractor resources. The Assistant Director, IT Development is a hands-on working manager who also oversees the planning and alignment of daily activities and employee performance necessary to keep projects on track with timely high-quality deliverables at or under budget. This role is considered approximately 60% hands on development and 40% or less management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be knowledgeable and capable in the following areas:
- Proven management acumen facing technical resources: Developer staff.
- Thorough understanding of Oracle applications and databases.
- Able to write SQL queries and perform data analysis
- Current or past hands-on experience on Oracle EBS – Payroll, HR and Financials and custom applications.
- Able to quickly learn new open-source tools to help modernize company development.
- Possess excellent communication, written, oral, and interpersonal and teamwork skills, communicate constructively and confidently, listen openly, and collaborate well with staff and others in different groups.
- Convey a professional and positive attitude with action/results orientation to problem solving and to continually improve the operational performance of the staff/ department and eliminate backlogs.
- Proven ability and experience in exercising good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Display flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment and ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities. Sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong organizational skills in managing to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual deadlines.
- Display strong initiative for own technical development including learning from others about the nuances of the organization’s operational activities and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers, staff, and management and outside business contacts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university with emphasis in computer science or related disciplines required. .
- Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of progressively responsible computer technology experience required.
- Technical certificates in Oracle development tools preferred.
- Must be able to work and sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, bend and reach on a daily basis.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.