Our client, a government organization in the water utilities industry, is looking for an Engineering Technician I to join their team on a 6 month contract. The ideal candidate will have the following experience: field inspections, ArcGIS, drilling operations, Geo-technical inspections and a Degree in Engineering or Geology.
- Performs field engineering activities such as: measures and records distances and dimensions in the field; takes water well level and surface water measurements; collects water samples and performs field analysis; collects field test data; assists with specific capacity tests; locates wells; performs stream gauging; conducts fire flow tests and prepares related correspondence; and assists with corrosion control field surveys.
- Collects, summarizes and reduces data; performs simple to complex engineering calculations; performs minor engineering design; prepares drawings from engineering sketches and/or oral instruction; takes measurements and prepares project documentation and drawings; performs standard drafting and mapping; updates distribution system maps and drawings; and uses a computer to enter data into an engineering database system.
- Updates and creates datasets; performs geospatial analysis; ensures the integrity of GIS data; reviews data input for accuracy and compliance with system standards; and prepares maps, reports, figures and exhibits as needed from multiple layers of data.
- Performs customer job order preparation and estimation for District work; coordinates construction and related activities with District Operations Department, developers, external contractors and other public agencies; and may review the work of other Technicians.
- Effectively provides service to customers and responds to a variety of customer inquiries.
- Reviews elements of engineering drawings and improvement plans submitted by developers, external engineers and other agencies for conformance with District Standards to facilitate design; confers and coordinates with vendors, contractors and/or outside agencies in response to questions; oversees and coordinates work and helps to resolve problems and disputes.
- Maintains engineering files and logs; monitors development project costs and status; maintains procedures for development processes and related work; collects, organizes, files, maintains, retrieves, reproduces and transmits drawings, maps, logs, reports and other documents and records as needed; maintains records for District facilities, easements, deeds, annexations, customer job orders and District projects.
- Prepares and reviews easements, property and easement descriptions; prepares utility permits and associated plans and documentation; prepares temporary water service agreements; performs simple research and develops and presents reports; and prepares and maintains routine correspondence.
- Performs and/or assists in soil gradation-sieve analysis; operates particle counter; performs and/or assists with materials and equipment tests; performs and/or assists with facility performance testing.
- Familiarity with drinking water terms and regulations
- Skill working with Excel and data base programs
- Ability to perform sampling
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to assemble and analyzer water quality data, prepare routine monitoring reports
- Familiar with ArcGIS and capable of using District computer programs to solve problems, access consumer impacts and system needs
- Monitors water quality legislation and assists in the preparation of reports providing periodic updates and impact on District operations
- Ability to analyze and collect samples in the field
- Strong communication skills
- Prefer to have experience working with customers and people with diverse backgrounds
- Prefer to have experience extracting and analyzing data from SCADA and Water Quality Database.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.