We are in search of a Funeral Arranger for a well-known and caring Mortuary facility in the East Bay. An ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience arranging funerals in the local Bay Area. Skills needed include project management capabilities, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a strong sense of compassion and understanding for the deceased and the funeral process.
This successful candidate will learn to be the primary contact with families and interact with them to fulfill their death care needs.
- Meet with families.
- Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner.
- Details will include but are not limited to: ordering of flowers, stationary, music, and DVD photo presentations, as well as coordinating with churches and or cemeteries as required
- Work with multiple vendors, request and supply quotes manage a tight delivery schedule
- Create and deliver management reports as requested
- Manage coordination of all events on site
- Follow through with family to ensure understanding of events to take place is clear
- Ensure adherence to all professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal, regulations and rules applicable to the provision of funeral services; i.e., ensuring appropriate paperwork has been filed and data has been entered in correct databases
- Manage aftercare which includes the delivery of documents, stationery, documentation, memento delivery.
- Manage general administrative duties as related to the position. Must have strong MS Office skills and the ability to input appropriate data into office systems to ensure entire team is aware of timelines and schedules as needed.
- Additional office duties include operating fax machine, multiline phone system for break and lunch coverage.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years Associate’s degree preferred
- Previous work history considered in lieu of formal education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent driving record; must provide a current, valid driver’s license
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent detail orientation and time management skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Team player attitude—must let the team know the schedule and how to assist
- Multiple location traveling required
- Professional dress on a daily basis
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.