Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for an Environmental Compliance Specialist to join their teal on a temporary basis. Successful candidates will have experience implementing programs and projects designed to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and local standards and protocols. Duties include assisting in the development and evaluation of results gained through the use of field techniques and work site strategies to address environmental issues. This role may include monitoring or directing the work of a small group of technicians and/or consultants and assisting with implementing and maintaining environmental compliance programs.
- Prepare permit applications and/or review compliance with environmental permits.
- Inspect facilities to monitor compliance with regulations governing substances such as hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and industrial wastewater.
- Record laboratory or field data, including numerical data, test results, photographs, or summaries of visual observations and upload data to regulatory agency databases.
- Provide technical support in the planning of projects, such as wastewater treatment, to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and policies.
- Observe, monitor, and report on environmental field practices and procedures; report discrepancies immediately.
- Review technical documents to ensure completeness and conformance to requirements.
- Assist with the profiling, manifesting, and removal scheduling of hazardous waste.
- Work with staff to assess the environmental impact of proposed construction or to develop pollution prevention programs.
- Assist with staff training in universal and hazardous waste management, storm water pollution prevention, and spill prevention.
- Prepare and package environmental samples for shipping or testing.
- Collect and analyze pollution samples, such as air or ground water.
- Decontaminate or test field equipment used to clean or test pollutants from soil, air, or water.
- Assist in the clean-up of hazardous material spills.
- Obtain product information, identify vendors or suppliers, or order materials or equipment to maintain inventory.
- Keep abreast of Federal, State, and local regulations and programs and ensure the District is in compliance.
- Four years of full-time experience in environmental compliance assessment and reporting or enforcement of regulations which involve the review of water, wastewater or air pollution controls, hazardous materials management, and/or environmental engineering.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in, environmental science, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, chemistry, biology, toxicology, engineering, or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Federal, State and local hazardous materials and safety regulations, statues and legislation
- Knowledge of principles and practices of environmental compliance; hazardous materials management activities and programs in the public sector; community right-to-know and waste minimization; design, operation, analysis, and monitoring of remedial action systems; hazardous facility permitting processes.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws, and regulations
- Assess the environmental effects of projects and activities; oversee and manage various aspects of environmental compliance programs
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; prepare reports, memoranda, policies, and letters
- Ability to use personal computers and current software for presentation, word processing, and spreadsheets at an intermediate level of proficiency
- Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; possess physical mobility in order to transport oneself expeditiously within and between facilities.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.