Our client, a government organization in Fremont, CA is looking for a Meter Reader to join their team on a 3-6 months contract basis. Ideal candidates will have previous experience with meter reading and have excellent customer service skills. This position will read a variety of water meters in an assigned area and record water consumption; place door hangers to inform customers of service changes/usage; field checks and inspects meters, connection, plumbing fixtures and lines for leaks.
- Read a variety of water meters in an assigned area and record meter information into a hand held computer; coordinate and download information into the automated system
- Visit customer premises to conduct or disconnect customer service; locate, read and turn meters on or off as required
- Perform filed checks and inspect meters, connections, plumbing fixtures and lines for leaks ort damage; initiates field orders for repairs of damaged meters and/or to report leaks and unsafe conditions for which our client is responsible.
- Reports unauthorized use of water or other unusual conditions and performs minor maintenance such as replacing lids and painting curbs.
- Fills out door hangers in order to alert customers when consumption is unusually high or when an obstruction prevents the reading of meters
- Re-reads meters and investigate possible reasons for complaints of high billing due to increased water consumption or when consumption discrepancies are identified.
- Answers customer inquiries and provides information to customers concerning regulations and our client’s governing service
- Safely and effectively operates a vehicle in connection with the duties of this class
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Previous experience as a meter reader is a plus
- High school diploma required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.