Our client, a government organization in Oakland is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join their team on a 3 month contract basis. Under direction of a department head, using considerable to significant skills for this series, provides responsible paraprofessional administrative and technical support to assigned department. May exercise direct or functional supervision over assigned lower-level clerical support personnel.
DUTIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to at least six years of progressively responsible full-time clerical and/or administrative work experience in office administration.
- Provide administrative and technical support related to an occupational specialty or function for an assigned department of the District such as public information, training and education, maintenance, treasury, etc.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of departmental goals, objectives, strategies and work plans
- Establish schedules and methods for monitoring administrative activities
- Implement departmental policies and procedures
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications
- Prepare various reports on operations and activities; participate in budget preparation and administration
- Prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures
- May maintain department petty cash account
- Perform various routines to support cash handling systems and the daily reporting of collections and disbursements including revenue bin resets at District operation divisions
- Print checks and maintain check printing system for both payroll and accounts payable applications
- Assist with ordering, vaulting, and security of viable check stock and all fare revenue instruments; audit and reconcile vendor payments and fare media sales and returns
- Prepare purchase requisitions
- Order supplies and materials
- Maintain files and records; plan, organize and coordinate the inflow and outflow of personnel through the department or assigned programs and projects
- Ensure that records pertaining to departmental or District activities are properly maintained
- May manage the utilization of departmental facilities and conference/training rooms and coordinate calendar of availability
- Prepare personnel requisitions and track progress in filling departmental vacancies
- May prepare and/or coordinate reports, board presentations, community outreach presentations, public or employee meetings, press releases, legal and display advertisements, promotional material, statistical reports, and other complex documents
- Proofread documents for accuracy, correct form, content and proper English usage
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, employees, and retirees
- Attend a variety of meetings throughout the District during the day and evening
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other District employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- PeopleSoft and invoice processing experience are desirable
- Equivalent to the completion of an Associate degree from an accredited college with major course work in business, organizational development, public administration or a related field.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.