Our client is looking for an Optical Characterization Engineer to join their team onsite in Mountain View on a 12-month contract basis. Ideal candidates will technical knowledge of optics & imaging theory and hands-on experience designing, calibrating & testing optical imaging systems.
- Knowledge of image quality metrics, lens optical design/parameters, and image sensor specifications
- Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software and rapid prototyping methods
- Interfacing with motion control or image capturing APIs
- Prior use of software version control
- Understanding and tuning of image sensor processors (ISPs)
- Ph.D. in Optics/Engineering/Related
- M.S. in Optics/Engineering/Related and a minimum of 2 years of experience, or
- B.S. in Optics/Engineering/Related and a minimum of 5 years of experience, or
- Technical knowledge of optics & imaging theory
- Hands-on experience designing, calibrating & testing optical imaging systems
- Excellent communication (documentation, presentation, interpersonal) skills
- Programming experience - Python strongly preferred, also C++, Matlab
SERVICES & DELIVERABLES:
- Design, develop, and deploy new optical prototyping, test & characterization methods (hardware and software)
- Identify, root-cause, and develop solutions to image quality issues found both at component-level and in the real world (on-car)
- Perform analyses to improve understanding of our optical hardware capabilities & limitations
- Develop documentation and frameworks for streamlining (ideally automating) testing processes
- Provide insights on improving camera hardware and image processing architecture
- Present test methods and capabilities to wider internal audiences
- Committed code for new or improved characterization methods
- Standard operating procedures for routine testing methods
- Experimental characterization data of optical components & systems
- Detailed technical reports with data analysis that answer critical questions about hardware performance and image quality issues
- Recommendations for needed actions
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.