Our client in Mountain View is looking for a Design Manufacturing Engineer to join their talented team on a long-term 12 month contract. Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience working in consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related mechanical design experience.
- Own detailed design of components for new products in the hardware sales space, and new feature requests in sustaining LiDAR space.
- Debug customer issues, perform failure analysis, and implement fixes for issues found
- Interface with sales and product teams to help drive engineering feature specifications.
- Find and implement solutions to help improve manufacturability and yield of our products.
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing process flows (assembly and test) and assembly fixtures for our products.
- Conduct DOEs to make data-driven decisions and qualify new parts, assembly processes, and designs.
- Create qualification plans that include but are not limited to: risk assessment, acceptance criteria, evaluation methods, process margin study, and variability plan.
- Provide on-site management of contract manufacturing partners to manage assembly line bring-up including fixture qualification, test stations, and workstations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing process engineering OR 3-5 years of experience in consumer electronics, automotive sensors, or related mechanical design experience
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools, CATIA preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical and manufacturing process engineering development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with manufacturing or design of precision optical sensors, particularly LiDAR products.
- Debugging electrical and optics modules
- Solid understanding of DOE and Six Sigma methodologies
- Solid understanding of GD&T
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.