Our client, a well-known Law Firm in San Francisco, is looking for an HR Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. As the Human Resources Manager, you will work with the national human resources team and be the lead resource for the human resources function in the San Francisco office for 120+ staff and attorneys. You will interpret and apply firm policies, processes and procedures and provide guidance on all aspects of the employee life cycle including integration of new employees, employee relations and performance management.
- Interpret and implement human resource policies and procedures for attorneys and support staff
- Provide guidance to supervisors for human resource employee management including counseling, coaching, employee development and retention, warnings and performance improvement plans and termination recommendations
- Supervise the legal support staff which includes assignments, performance management, employee relations, etc.
- Work in collaboration with the National staff recruiting team on local staff hiring
- Work with Office Administrator on supervision and performance management for support staff and paralegals and assist with salary and bonus recommendations
- Works collaboratively with the national HR team on matters such as compensation, health, welfare, retirement, employee relations, HRIS, leave management, recruiting, the staff and paralegal evaluation process, and Kronos
- Provide assistance on overall office operations
- Partner with national leadership and outside contractor on the management and administration of FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA and other leaves of absence
- Manage new hire orientation, onboarding and staff integration process
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Conduct exit interviews
- Human resource documentation and process management, including personnel action forms, payroll forms, unemployment claims and Affirmative Action reports
- Participate in diversity, pro bono, civic and charitable initiatives
- Participate and contribute in policy change discussions as needed, and recommend updates based on feedback received and local concerns observed
- Provide local support to attorney talent development and attorney/legal recruiting teams, and collaborate on national human resources initiatives as needed
- Four plus years of experience in Human Resources preferably in law firms with a strong background in employment law, employee management, health and welfare benefit programs, full cycle recruiting
- An undergraduate degree or related experience, preferably in a related field such as business administration or human resources.
- Experience using Workday
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, Spreadsheet, etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.