Our client, a technology company in Walnut Creek, is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to drive their marketing program for various events that they run. This role is a mix of B2B and B2C marketing: membership and exhibitor sponsorship sales, are all B2B, but the events are marketed directly to attendees, so there is B2C in the mix as well.
Ideal candidates should have 5-10 years’ experience devising and implementing marketing programs, either for high-tech companies or for events and conferences targeted at engineers, product developers and executives working at technology companies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the overall marketing strategy, i.e., how the client should market itself, including:
- Build the messaging for the Alliance and for our quarterly and yearly events
- Find the most effective channels to reach potential new Alliance Member companies
- Drive a go-to-market plan that clearly defines our audience segments and an integrated, multi-touch approach to engage and retain them
- Develop and formalize the marketing calendar including a drumbeat of marketing activities that engages and nurtures the Alliance community
- Define and work with staff and consultants to create marketing content including:
- Hardcopy and electronic marketing content including brochures, infographics, whitepapers
- Web presence for our major conferences, trainings and related events
- Email campaigns
- Social media (LinkedIn and Twitter/Hootsuite)
- Internet advertising (Google AdWords and LinkedIn)
- Drive event-specific marketing for the following events:
- Embedded Vision Summit in Santa Clara in May
- Embedded AI Summit in China in December
- Training classes
- Periodic meetups in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Webinars for Alliance member companies
- Marketing strategy, Event marketing, Email marketing and Social media marketing
- Internet advertising (Google AdWords and Google Analytics)
- PR and executive communication programs
- Power user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Google Documents suite
- Good at learning and adapting to new technology; good with computers and able to quickly master new programs
- Partner marketing for events
You should be familiar with the following:
- Able to prioritize workload and shift attention quickly among changing tasks and priorities
- Good at quickly learning new skills
- Structured thinker: able to take a problem and break it up into logical chunks, prioritize those chunks, and present your thinking to others
- Good at numbers: numbers feel comfortable to you, and it is natural for you to think quantitatively
- You don’t do things in marketing because “that’s what everybody does”; you do things in marketing because you can show they work and that there’s ROI
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about producing high-quality work
- Ability to manage projects to deadlines
- Honest, with a strong sense of ethics and “doing the right thing”
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Easy going, friendly and unflappable personality
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.