Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join their team on a 3 month contract basis. Ideal candidates will be able to perform and implement our client’s external contracting processes, and ensure that the agency contract goals are successfully met.
- Facilitates the negotiation, execution, and administration of contracts and agreements ensuring that all contract terms and documents are compliant according to procedures and regulations mandated by the District, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and/or other agencies.
- Leads pre-proposal conferences with Project Managers and/or assigned staff; analyzes Statement of Work (SOW) and project plans; assists in defining products and service specifications and determining contract parameters including cost of contract, creation of performance-based criteria including performance periods and deliverables.
- Assists in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations to Bid (ITB), Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and Requests for Information (RFI).
- Leads bids/proposal evaluation meetings and conducts vendor interviews; evaluates bids, proposals, qualifications, and quotations for conformance to specifications and suitability for required use; recommends for selection the bid most economically sufficient.
- Drafts, evaluates, and reviews contract terms and conditions for products and services to ensure the protection of the District’s interests.
- Reviews and provides input to Board Staff Reports requesting approval to initiate solicitation process, or inform of contract award.
- Administers on-going contracts to ensure adherence to contract terms and provisions; monitors execution of contracts to ensure that contractual terms are met; identifies non-compliance with contractual terms and advises project managers regarding issues; formulates and implements appropriate solutions.
- Utilizes automated procurement and accounting systems to review and approve invoices for professional services.
- Negotiates settlement of contract disputes; coordinates resolution of protest claims in conjunction with management and General Counsel.
- Prepares routine to significantly complex contract amendments, revisions, terminations, and close-outs.
- Conducts routine to complex cost-price and total cost of ownership analysis and identifies potential cost savings.
- Assists management in implementing purchasing and payment policy and procedural changes.
- Prepares, edits, distributes, and posts a variety of reports, correspondence, and mandatory filings, including pre-and post-award documentation; maintains logs, records, and documentation for all contracts and projects in accordance with FTA regulations; distributes executed contracts to appropriate District personnel; edits and reviews the conformance of work prepared by staff.
- Education: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business or public administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of recent, verifiable, professional-level experience in contract and procurement administration activities
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.