Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for a Data Scientist to join their team on a contract basis. This individual will be responsible for implementing Power BI as Enterprise BI, data governance plan, and open data portal.
Power BI administration:
- Manage a Power BI tenant
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, laws, and regulations
- Configuration of governance policies
- Manage the classification of business data
- Help to enforce content publishing and sharing policies
- Manage Power BI resources
- Manage workspaces
- Publish custom visuals
- Verify codes used to embed Power BI in other applications
- Manage Power BI mobile app deployment
- Manage data privacy and security, such as source data security
- Provide help and support to tenant users
- Troubleshoot data access and other issues
- This position will require data science skills such as Statistics, Machine Learning, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, data wrangling, intuition, data visualization & communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, rapidly prototyping and testing new ideas
- Ability to solve problems, meet deadlines, and build whatever is necessary along the way
- Experience understanding the strengths and weaknesses of different modeling approaches and can effectively reason about when to apply different combinations
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise within cross-functional teams
- MS or PhD in statistics, computer science, economics, physical or social science, engineering, operations research, or similar quantitative and computational field
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on Candidate and then Online Application.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.