We are looking to hire an energetic, resourceful, and personable individual with small business experience to join our team on a full-time basis in a one-person accounting/bookkeeping department. This person will oversee our client’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They will perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries and recording payments and adjustments. Some basic human resources duties will also be included such as new hire documents, compliance and sick/vacation accrual worksheets.
- Full cycle accounts payables including completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving payments, verifying and reconciling invoices
- Full cycle accounts receivables including posting customer payments by recording checks and credit card transactions
- Full cycle accounting/business processing including recording business transactions throughout the reporting period, adding any required adjusting entries, producing financial statements, and closing the books for that period
- Generate monthly financial reports/forecasts and weekly revenue and cash projections
- Complete monthly closes, reconcile accounts, and enter GL journal adjustments and budget updates
- Track and report on project profitability
- Conduct various managerial accounting analyses as needed
- Manage cash flow and account transfers
- Enter and pay bills, research discrepancies, maintain files and records
- Generate client invoices, ensure timely receivables
- Telephone interaction with clients to review data, verify data, follow up on missing information and make collection calls as needed
- Bank/accounts reconciliation including comparing the deposits, adjusting the bank statements, adjusting the cash account and comparing the balances
- Prepare annual 1099s
- Coordinating and assisting the CPA with audits and preparing federal and California income tax returns
- Working with the principals of the company on a regular basis to review information and generate specific reports and to execute financial projects
- Payroll coordination including processing payroll, taxation forms and benefits, as well as maintaining employee data, handling payroll questions, etc.
- Maintain sick/vacation accrual worksheets
- Manage employee benefit plans, recommend improvements, research employee questions, and maintain familiarity with California labor law issues
- Five+ years of hands-on bookkeeping experience in a small business environment
- Solid knowledge of small business accounting in general and QuickBooks Pro in particular
- Good knowledge of productivity software, preferably including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce and the Google Documents suite
- Quick and comfortable adapting to new software and technologies
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including revenue recognition and accrual vs. cash-basis accounting
- Telephone skills to interact with clients and vendors regarding all aspects of AP and AR including collection calls as needed
- Bookkeeping and basic math skills
- Logical, quantitative thinker; numbers and numeric relationships come naturally to you
- Ability to manage projects to deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills with great attention to detail
- Passionate about producing high quality work
- Honest, with a strong sense of ethics and “doing the right thing”
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and shift attention quickly among changing tasks and priorities
- Easy going, friendly and unflappable personality
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.