Our client, is looking for a talented automation engineer
to join their Antibody Engineering department in a contract role. The candidate will collaborate with cross-functional research groups and vendors to enable discovery of next generation therapeutics.
- Operating and troubleshooting key automation instruments and workflows
- Writing and testing scripts on liquid handling instruments to drive automated processes
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot and rectify problems in automated processes
- Training and providing ongoing support to end-users of automated workflows in the department
- Performing routine precision/accuracy determination and coordinating the maintenance of instruments
- Driving improvements to increase throughput, efficiency and user experience
- Experience in operating liquid handlers such as Hamilton, Tecan and Agilent Bravo
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a motivated, self-directed individual who can complete projects in a timely manner
- Meticulous, patient and organized with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and/or protein engineering is a plus
- Scripting, Data management, and/or process management
- Converting bench top or manually conducted assays into fully automated routines
- Knowledge of any of the following scripting languages: Java, C#, Python
- BA/BS Degree with 3-4 years relevant experience;
- MS Degree with 1-2 years relevant experience
- Equipment Maintenance
- Liquid Handling
- Additional Skills:
- Problem Solving
- User Experience
- Workflow Documentation
- Data Management
- Process Management
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.