Our client is looking for an Antenna/OTA Test Technician to join their team on a 12 month contract basis. Ideal candidates will have a strong foundation in RF/OTA system level and a demonstrable passion for building new technologies for modern wireless communication systems such as cellular/GNSS/WiFi/Bluetooth etc.
- Strong foundation in RF/OTA system level and a demonstrable passion for building new technologies for modern wireless communication systems such as cellular/GNSS/WiFi/Bluetooth etc
- Work with the RF hardware and antenna engineers to design, test and debug complex wireless portable products.
- Verify conducted & radiated performance of wireless portable devices, including TRP, TIS, throughput, SAR, and EMC.
- Able to maintain test equipment (such as anechoic chamber) including inspection, cleaning, calibration, SW and HW updates, license management, vendor engagement.
- Debug and test wireless radios (cellular/GNSS/WiFi/BT). This can include line up calculations, simulations with ADS, SCH capture, layout support, device bring up, test and troubleshooting and 3GPP certification support.
- Create and execute detailed test plans for antenna passive and OTA performance with design engineers for performance optimization, create test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification.
- OTA system debug and testing ownership (matching, debug, testing to legacy wireless standard).
- Test report generation and feedback to design engineer
- Proficiency with WiFi/BT, GPS, Cellular, and legacy radio access technologies desired.
- Experience with RF system specification and wireless communication standards.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and processes for wireless consumer devices, including CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Experience of antenna design and tests, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment as well as hands-on experience.
- Strong working knowledge of radiation performance, antenna and wave propagation theoretical background.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills required. Able to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Programming skills in Matlab/Python/C/C++ would be a plus
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience. Experience with building and shipping consumer electronics products is desired.
- BSEE Degree or equivalent field, MSEE preferred.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Cellular experience from Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, Nokia, Ericson, Cetecom, SGS etc.
Flexible in 2nd, 3rd shift work, weekend or holiday work required on a per-project basis as needed.
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, reli