The EE Device/Battery Test & Validation Engineer will be a key team member in an aggressive Google Device & Service organization, testing next generation devices and batteries. The successful applicant will assist the lead engineers by performing system level and battery level EE testing, cycling, data collection, and data processing.
The responsibilities of this position will cover testing at device level and at battery level, development of test procedure, data collection, and data analysis. Specific activities will include running cycle tests, using device software and scripts, collection of battery log data, supporting lead engineers for EE testing in the lab, and setting up equipment with trouble-shooting.
This individual will utilize a strong working knowledge of phone software, processing and organizing data logs, and use of spreadsheets. It is expected that the candidate will also be familiar with testing charge and discharge cycling used to characterize battery functionality and condition. Additionally, this candidate will need to be comfortable in operating Maccor test equipment based on a good understanding of fuel gauge and Li-ion batteries.
- Familiar with Li-ion batteries
- Ability to load and run phone scripts and software to collect data logs
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot all battery testing equipment and tools
- Ability to generate the battery test procedure with Maccor (test equipment)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to interpret battery test results and communicate to team
- Hands-on knowledge of Android OS and other modern phone OS
- Good communications skills & data organization skills
- Basic understanding of electronics, protection circuits, and fuel gauge
- BS+ in Electronics, Science, or Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience with Li-ion battery technology
- Experience with electronic circuits
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.