Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
- Consistently uses company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
- Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.
- Direction is provided by more senior engineering staff, management or project leader.
- Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, or processes.
- Plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Applies advanced engineering knowledge to projects.
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design.
- Utilizes DOE where appropriate.
- Participates in technical team activities.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- MS degree in directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline and no experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, engineering creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
- Understands and uses the foundational practices for requirements management, development and analysis.
- Understands and uses the foundational processes and practices for SW planning.
- Uses company and industry design practices as applied to assignments.
- Uses company coding practices as applied to assignments.
- Uses company practices for SW integration and test.
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,