Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Instrument Development team in Pleasanton, California. The team is part of the RMD Instrument Development organization in Switzerland and supports, consults, and acts as local point of contact for the Pleasanton, Los Gatos & Santa Clara development teams on instrumentation topics.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work on the optimization of existing products and system and will support the different product care activities. He/she accomplishes the work in a close collaboration with the local development team in Pleasanton, the RMD Instrument Development organization in Switzerland, and/or in collaboration with external partners.
We are looking for a candidate who likes to solve problems, brings creative ideas and takes responsibility for designing our products to meet the demands of the future.
- Support projects with technical expertise in the area of mechanical engineering
- Plan, perform and evaluate test campaigns
- Conduct testing in laboratory to assess performance against specification
- Conduct material & system characterization
- Development of test fixtures & test methods
- Conduct statistical tolerance analysis
- Troubleshooting and data analysis of issues during development and i n the field
- Set new specifications
- Support quality compliance in operations (e.g. process improvement projects)
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant industrial experience
- Hands on 3D-CAD experience (assemblies, parts, drawings), preferably SolidWorks
- Strong expertise in industrialization of products and design transfer to Operations
- Experience in designing injection molded parts and welding of plastic parts
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work within an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Measurement System Analysis
- Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma i s preferred
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.