- Work cross-functionally with design engineering to validate mechatronic component and system reliability. Plan, set up, and execute reliability testing.
- Design and develop benchtop tests / fixtures to enable test automation and data logging.
- Troubleshoot to identify the root cause of test failures and provide feedback to the engineering team on design improvement.
- Compile and analyze test findings and present comprehensive technical reports
- Develop and continuously refine test procedures to scale output and quality of results
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Maintain lab excellence and organization to enable highest possible performance
It’s preferred if you have:
- BS degrees in mechatronics or related engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of hands-on laboratory experience, ideally including testing of mechatronic components.
- Fundamental understanding of mechatronic components including motors, pumps, and solenoid valves.
- Proficiency in Arduino hardware and software development platform.
- Familiarity with basic Linux and Python syntax
- Familiarity using standard mechanical tools - drills, presses, dremels, saws, epoxies, sockets/wrenches
- Familiarity with basic electronics tools (DMM, power suppliers, oscilloscopes) and rework modifications (soldering, harness rework, crimping connectors)
- Time management and a focus and attention to detail as a self-starter in a changing environment - finding creative methods of achieving a goal or task when needed
- Good communication and collaborative skills
- Work experience with reliability test facility and equipment
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems & basic python exposure
- Working knowledge of using a preferred CAD platform like Solidworks or CATIA for making test fixtures and small assemblies
- Some prior fabrication experience - 3D printing, laser cutting, bandsaws, mills, press brakes, lathes
- Past experience with measurement and instrumentation - ex. Thermocouples, strain gauges, load cells, test DAQs, signal conditioners, LVDTs, etc.
Experience with Project Management Software and google suite of productivity tools