We have an opening for a Deactivation & Decommissioning (D&D) Project Manager. This position works in the D&D Department and reports to the Department Head. The D&D Project Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, and administration of multiple, complex and competing large-scale projects from the conceptual phase through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up and close-out. Project size typically ranges from $50K to more than $100M; projects are of high visibility and are often conducted in congested areas. May also participate in improvement initiatives.
- Manage multiple complex and large scale demolition projects of legacy radiologically and chemically contaminated facilities utilizing Construction Managers, Project Coordinators, Facilities staff, support staff, and subcontractors, as well as incorporating input and direction from the Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) division and quality assurance (QA) program as necessary to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, schedule and in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- Work with assigned staff, ensuring technical and operational activities of the group including budgets, funding, workforce planning, waste management, and property management are aligned accordingly to meet project, division and organization deliverables. Ensure staff and subcontractors understand and follow all EH&S and QA requirements on all projects. Address EH&S, QA, performance and conduct issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the organization’s community to coordinate D&D project activities.
- Coordinate project activities closely with EH&S input and oversight requirements to ensure accurate representation of the organization on project matters with other external organizations to achieve customer needs.
- Coordinate client contacts, including regular correspondence with the clients and maintain working relationships at all levels throughout the project.
- Ensure appropriate communication and interfaces with key stakeholders. Interface with regulators including U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC).
- Lead the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project schedule. Manage and control contractual commitments to assure that all work is performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the subcontract. Review and approve project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Establish and control the budget for project costs.
- Schedule and coordinate project reviews in accordance with organizational and federal requirements.
- Ensure prompt close-out of projects and submission of final project reports.
- Proactively seek out customer needs as they pertain to project management services. Develop a full understanding and accept ownership of those needs, seek relevant solutions, which meet all requirements and follow up to ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science/Chemistry or professional certification in Construction, Project Management or a related field or equivalent relevant experience and a minimum of 7 years in D&D, waste management, and/or construction facilities project management. Leading and managing design and construction of D&D activities using project management principles and controls.
- Experience with project management for the planning and execution of demolition projects with significant levels for hazardous and radioactive (specifically transuranic) contamination.
- Extensive experience with implementing EH&S requirements in a highly regulated environment equivalent to federal requirements including 10CFR835, 10CFR830, 10CFR851, 10CFR850, DOE O 458.1, applicable waste management and environmental requirements, including EPA and DTSC.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and schedules, developing project scope documents, and coordinating/managing project delivery, including team assignments and technical quality.
- Experience with and use of industry recognized computer project management software and managing projects utilizing a certified EVMS.
- Experience applying analytical and problem solving skills to complex problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, use sound judgment and provide solutions to ensure results.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills. Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent proposal development, presentation, and client relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Excellent collaboration skills and ability to effectively interact with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to effectively interact, and communicate with a variety of project staff. Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer-focus approach. Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Valid professional license obtained by written examination to practice Architecture/Engineering in State of California.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential
- Extensive experience with profiling, management & dispositioning waste
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.