Our client in Mountain View is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a long-term contract basis. Ideal candidates will have experience in manufacturing process engineering for product assembly, tooling, fixtures and automation.
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing process flows (assembly + test) for new products
- Lead cross-functional technical manufacturing design reviews to obtain consensus for proposed manufacturing process flows, fixture designs and test processes before build events
- Design and/or approve assembly fixtures used during the product assembly process
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage assembly line bring-up including fixture qualification, test stations, and workstations
- Provide design feedback to development engineers to improve manufacturability
- Identify and implement opportunities for yield improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing process engineering for product assembly, tooling, fixtures and automation
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical and manufacturing process engineering development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred qualifications:
- Debugging optics modules
- Experience in the following: automation development, CNC machined parts, fixture design, adhesives and dispensing systems, etc.
- Solid understanding of DOE and tolerancing techniques
- International experience, particularly in Asia
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.