Our client in South San Francisco, is looking for a Deskside Support Technician to join their team on a long term contract. Applicants should be skilled at providing support in a complex, fast-paced environment and must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical users via a variety of channels (in-person via deskside visits, at one of our 3 IT Bar locations on campus, virtually, over the phone, via email, chat, etc.). This position also contributes to producing end-user documentation, knowledge base articles, and training materials.
Familiarity with troubleshooting information technology is a pre-requisite, including both hardware and software. Experience with supporting operating systems, devices and applications in a corporate environment is required. Technicians in this position contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and respond to escalations with the proper degree of urgency, flexibility, resourcefulness, determination, and accountability. Adaptability is a necessity, as this position will require a balanced mixture of self-reliance and teamwork.
- IT Bar (Walk-Up Help Desk) Support, Deskside Support, and Virtual Support for end users
- Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms and hardware/software, including but not limited to: Windows, Macintosh OSX, iOS devices, tablets, desktops, laptops, etc.
- Support multiple enterprise, departmental, and (in some cases) specialized applications.
- Be an integral part of a team that supports ~17k+ customers onsite, plus mobile users who work remotely.
- Install, upgrade, and support all standard software and operating systems.
- Provide network configuration support: LAN, WAN, wireless, VPN.
- Support video and audio conferencing as necessary.
- Troubleshoot printers.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software application conflicts.
- Perform OS upgrades, re-images, and data transfers. Arrange for hardware repairs and tech refreshes when necessary.
- Open and close tickets - manage the assignment, tracking, and completion of incidents/requests.
- Collaborate with local, regional, and global IT staff members in the resolution of issues.
- Populate the Knowledge Base frequently and document resolutions, workarounds, and frequently asked questions for problems and service requests.
- Execute the delivery of services per Service Level Agreements to customers and meet all departmental metrics and specified Key Performance Indicators.
- Expected to propose process improvement initiatives and help identify / implement innovative solutions for customers.
- Occasional (infrequent) business travel within the United States may be required to support Commercial offsite events. Highly unlikely in 2021.
- BA or BS degree desirable.
- 2+ years of experience providing IT Bar, deskside, and/or remote technical support to end users (preferably in environments with both PCs and Macs).
- Basic knowledge of network concepts
- Experience with the Service Now ticketing system and troubleshooting hardware/software/mobile devices strongly preferred.
- Must be highly accountable and focused on results. Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and the ability to work proactively.
- Agility and a strong aptitude for learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Provides resolutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Communicates clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Understanding of Genentech-supported operating systems, devices and applications is preferred - including Mac OSX, Windows, iOS, the Google Suite of Applications, MS Office, etc.
- Experience with web conferencing and mobile technologies, and an understanding of audio-visual equipment as it relates to PC/Mac/iOS platforms.
- Skilled at setting priorities to complete tasks / projects within scheduled timeframes
- Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and problem solving
- Contributes to projects and milestones as per the needs of the business.
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.