Our client is looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to join their talented team onsite in Mountain View and or Fremont on a long term contract basis.
- Troubleshoot failures on testers to narrow down issue to hardware, software, tester or manufacturing
- Assist senior engineers in bring-up activities for new testers
- Help with failure analysis on device under test
- Provide remote support for testers during build
- Create functional test specification and requirements for electronic modules and hardware used in Autonomous Vehicle
- Design and develop Automated test equipment for PCBA and End of Line Testers, Reliability and Engineering
- Create functional tester schematics and layout of test equipment
- Automate off the shelf test equipment like Power Supply, Oscilloscope, DAQ, Generators, Analyzers, etc and communication protocols like CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet, USB and GPIB.
- Develop tester software in python to run test cases as per specification
- Work with Contract manufacturer to integrate testers on manufacturing line and train their test teams
- Work with cross functional team of Electrical Engineers, Software Engineers, Production test engineers, PM
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing Automated Test Equipment for Low Voltage electronics
- Strong hands-on experience testing Electronic products
- Strong experience in Linux and developing software in Python
- Experience with Compute, Laser, Radar & Camera Technologies plus
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturer
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category