As a Hardware Test professional you'll play a key role in the development of one of the world's most impressive computing infrastructures! You’ll perform novel and complex bench level qualification testing of computer hardware, and possibly collaborate closely with the various design teams to develop and write test plans and build test infrastructure to evaluate and characterize the performance of server, storage and networking products.
- Must have experience using spectrum analyzers & oscilloscopes. Candidates with experience in Radio or an RF background are preferred. Expert in hardware debugging, root cause analysis and signal integrity/fidelity testing.
- Needs to be able to do hands-on testing in Linux, scripting for environmental chambers, Hardware PCB Design.
- Execute hardware qualification tests which include board bring up, debug and failure resolution in the testing of complex computer and network hardware.
- Write and execute scripts and test procedures to validate product performance in accordance with product specifications.
- Launch and monitor scripts to control custom hardware, automate testing, and perform data acquisition.
- Report on findings, reduce test data and investigate test outcomes thoroughly.
- Participate in root cause analysis of outlier results. Communicate findings and recommendations.
- Be able to support the work of hardware test engineers as part of a lab support team.
- Work closely with hardware designers and development teams to understand new project architectures and system components.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in test execution, data gathering, reduction and reporting.
- Demonstrate a highly customer centric focus. Cultivate excellent working relationships with customers to ensure the highest quality of work product.
The role may also include:
- Some SMT rework for prototype electronics.
- Hardware PCB Design Validation experience required
- Working with the environmental engineering team on regulatory compliance testing and collaborating with manufacturing test engineers on transitioning product to volume production.
- The application of novel and complex test equipment which will include detailed
- knowledge of digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, source meters, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, BERT’s etc.
- Maintain lab equipment and both novel and complex new and legacy test setups.
- Set up bench networks, administering configurations in support of engineering tests and measurements.
- Debug issues relating to hardware, test set-ups, firmware, and software.
- Setup and maintain lab space, tools, and consumable materials of a hardware R&D lab.
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.