This position is responsible for set-up, execution and reporting of Li-ion battery testing associated with new lithium ion battery design and material validation projects. Also, this position is expected to provide technical support and coordination for battery testing which requires the knowledge & experience with the Maccor test system. The tasks of this position will be conducted both independently and in collaboration with battery design engineers. The successful candidate is a dedicated team player who is tolerant of risk and uncertainty, thrives in a highly-technical, collaborative environment and has significant experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- At least 3 years of practical laboratory experience, ideally including the testing of lithium ion batteries and safety testing
- Good understanding of Li-ion safety standards and related safety hazards during test
- Knowledge of battery testing equipment such as Maccor
- Able to handle, process and summarize large and complex datasets.
- Position requires working in both battery safety laboratory and electrical
- testing laboratory collaborating with teams in remote locations and from different cultures.
- Strong integrity, interpersonal skills, and with a collaborative style which earns the respect of peers, subordinates and clients
- Associate’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience
Education & Experience
- Ability to interpret battery test results and communicate to team
- Ability to troubleshoot testing equipment (safety equipment & Maccor)
- Good communications & data organization skills
- Basic understanding of electronics, protection circuits, and fuel gauge
- BS+ in Electronics, Science, or Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience with Li-ion battery technology
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.