The team is hiring a chemist, who will work on exploring/developing various metal organic frameworks (MOF) for various applications. In this role, you will work closely with materials engineers to develop various MOFs through wet-chemistry synthesis, test/characterize corresponding MOFs material properties such as catalysis effect, gas storage, gas separation etc through custom built testers and analyze/manage testing results.
- Work in wet-chemistry lab to synthesize and post-synthesis functionalize various MOFs materials.
- Test MOF materials performance such as BET surface areas, gas storage performance, gas separation performance etc.
- Utilize Google productivity software such as Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides; Communication to team via document report / presentation
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry / Materials Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Wet-chemistry lab experience.
- Prefer with metal organic framework or inorganic nanomaterials synthesis experience.
- Experience with handling moisture/ air sensitive chemicals with sufficient safety training on those chemicals.
- Laboratory experience (academic, or corporate)
- Detail oriented; capable capture details in experiments
- Strong written and communication skills
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.