As a Litigation Secretary, you will provide a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for assigned attorneys. You will be responsible for interacting with colleagues in a team setting and upholding the image of the Firm by maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observing confidentiality of client matters.
- On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Draft, input, revise and finalize, routine correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents.
- File legal documents in federal and state courts, including e-filing in all courts and agencies; prepare documents for service of process; prepare case “shell” documents for use by attorneys.
- Verify all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included with transmittal letters/memos.
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Maintain good public relations with clients.
- Review all incoming mail, distribute to teams as needed and upload to the DMS.
- Prepare documents and packages for mail, messenger and overnight delivery.
- Prepare expense reports, manage vendor invoices, mailings, and request checks as needed.
- Enter attorney time and send time entry reminders.
- Process client billing and assist with review and edit of bills as necessary.
- Schedule appointment and make arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel.
- Complete client/matter intake forms; request conflicts of interest checks; open new files and prepare files to be closed.
- Coordinate and follow through on requests and projects with other support departments (e.g., word processing, receptionists, file/document clerks, office services).
- Provide overflow and absence coverage assistance as well as secretarial support for Secretarial Team Members’ attorneys.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of litigation secretarial experience. (Labor and Employment experience is a plus).
- Recent experience at a large, national firm.
- Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail and solid grammar/spelling skills.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Legal citation and legal terminology expertise.
- Familiarity with Carpe Diem, Elite, IManage, Chrome River, Forte or similar technology.
- The ability to organize, prioritize and meet the demands off multiple attorney assignments.
- Flexibility to work overtime occasionally.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.