Our client, a non-profit organization serving the East Bay, is in search of a Clinic Financial Analyst. This is a direct hire role that will be working in a team environment. Specific skills needed include heavy understanding of medical billing, financial reporting, billing error assessment and FP&A or Financial Planning and Analysis experience. FQHC experience a plus.
- Position reports to the Controller
- Goal is to facilitate programmatic success in advancing the mission of the Primary Care Clinic.
- Position will require strong financial planning, reporting and analytical skills to problem solve and collaborate with the core accounting team and clinic team to meet all end user requirements with a focus on medical billing
- Provide leadership in implementing and rolling out new tools for clinic budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other functions.
- SME on organizations’ medical billing mechanisms and billing/financial reporting and serve as business partner with outsourced billing company
- Work with core accounting team while working as part of the clinic team knowing your presence is an essential function for the clinic to be successful.
- Assist/ Recommend improvements for financial reporting and strategies in patient billing
- Assist with all external funding contract management and financial compliance
- Ensure that data is submitted to all third-party contract providers according to contract terms
- Research missing and incomplete information resulting in billing errors and denials; identify and resolve account discrepancies.
- Review posted payments from EOB’s to the patient’s billing account in clinic software.
- Performs complex analysis on internal as well as third party information to ensure validity of financial data reported.
- Make recommendations to assist in the management and processing of data/information to enhance knowledge.
- Work with Controller in determining and achieving financial goals.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and other periodic ad hoc reporting.
- Attend all training as necessary for various eligibility programs, including Medi-Cal.
- Collect financial information and lead the annual UDS reporting process along with clinic management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Business degree with at least 3-5 years of FP&A work experience.
- Healthcare experience is a must, eClinicalworks experience IDEAL
- Past work experience with a combination of consulting, corporate/non-profit, and FQHC a plus.
- Past Clinic billing experience and third-party payers such as Medi-Cal, and managed care companies.
- Strong Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP) and ability to build financial models from scratch. (Will be tested)
- Adaptive Insight or similar financial planning software experience a plus.
- Attention to details with solid data modeling and thorough documentation follow through.
- Ability to deliver elegant models that also easily renders for scenario planning and visual reporting.
- A self-starter with thirst for continuous learning and professional development.
- An efficient explorer /solutionist who can scope and design process and system improvements or adoption to effectively reduce time while maintaining or improving service quality.
- Experience implementing Adaptive Insights or similar, with reporting system changes, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to support a client service-oriented accounting/finance team.
- Ability to work successfully in a culturally diverse work place.
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
- Punctual, reliable, cooperative attitude, good attention to detail, team player.
- Ability to be polite and tactful.
- Ability to set limits and handle pressure situations with clients.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the client
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.