Our client is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team on a full-time basis in San Leandro, CA. This role will be reporting to the Accounting Manager. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of strong accounting knowledge, experience with MIP accounting software, thorough understanding of GAAP and is comfortable working with large amounts of data.
General ledger accounting:
Financial security and internal controls:
- Prepare journal entries regarding asset, liability, and capital accounts
- Prepare journal entries and other transactions in MIP accounting software related to the period end close for all cost centers and programs including joint cost allocation of expenses
- Prepare journal entries of recurring financial transactions for all cost centers and programs
- Perform bank reconciliations and grant reconciliations
- Assist with maintaining fixed asset inventory and amortization schedule
- Assist with reconciliations between different databases to accounting software
- Assist with year-end and any other payroll and financial audits
- Prepare schedules in support of billing, productivity and financial performance
- Prepare reports by department and/or funding source for review
- Assist with and ensure accuracy of A/P process when necessary
- Prepare ad hoc reports and additional duties as assigned
Proactive member of the finance team:
- Assist with documentation and substantiation of financial transactions
- Assist with verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Assist in maintaining internal controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Assist in identifying inefficiencies and recommend solutions to decrease close time and increase accuracy and transparency
- Assist all internal stakeholders including all managers and budget holders with financial questions
- Assist during annual financial audit and all other required audits
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- At least 3-5 years of strong accounting knowledge experience with progressive learning opportunities
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables) and experience in MIP and real-world application of standard accounting principles
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting processes and procedures
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Ability to work thoughtfully and collaboratively with diverse and cross-cultural groups of people
- Highly organized, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Ability to take initiative and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices relevant to non-profit and/or governmental accounting; experience in public accounting setting with a focus in non-profit organization or similar industry
- Experience with MIP, NetSuite ERP or similar
- Experience with different information databases and CRMs
- Experience with federal, state, and local grant funding
- Be a creative problem solver
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Have a humble attitude and be eager to be on a path to promotion
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Be willing to work additional hours during month, quarter, and fiscal year closes
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.PsiNapse.com, and click on “Looking for Work”.
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.